Abstracting & Indexing
Dr. Shweta Reddy is working as Analytical/Quality Control Scientist- Sciegen pharmaceutical Inc. Hauppauge New York.
9 years of research experience in industrial and academic lab setting.
Cell / Cancer biology: Cell/tissue/Exvivo organotypic culture techniques, isolating cells from rabbit, porcine, bovine, chicken and mammalian corneal epithelium and decapsulated lens. Retinoblastoma suspension cultures. Maintenance and cryopreservation of cells. siRNA, shRNA, mRNA transfection. Drug treatments and toxicity studies. Cell signaling studies.
• Biochemistry: Protein Purification and quantification. Western blot analysis by SDS-PAGE, native, 2D gel electrophoresis. Capillary, and dot blot analysis. Immunodetection and immunoprecipitation, Protein interactions. Ultracentrifugation, Enhanced chemiluminiscence.
• Molecular biology techniques: Nucleic acid isolation. Recombinant DNA procedures (PCR, Cloning. Plasmid purification. Restriction digestion. Site directed mutagenesis. Agarose gel electrophoresis). Radio labeling, Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP). Southern/Northern blotting.
• Cell based Assays: Protein assays (BCA, Bradford). Design and execution of wound healing assays on ECM matrix and adherent cells. Boyden chamber assay. CyQuant assay. Cell viability assay (MTT). Live- dead staining. Invasion assay. ELISA. TUNNEL assay. Enzyme
based assays. GST pull-down assay.
• Microscopic techniques: live cell imaging, phase contrast, confocal, fluorescence and light scattering microscopy. Staining/ Immunofluorescence labeling and Immunocytochemistry. In situ hybridization. Trained in Atomic force microscopy, Scanning electron microscopy and Transmission electron microscopy.
• Analytical techniques: Structure identification and analysis of organic compounds by NMR, (HPLC). UV- Vis spectroscopy. Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR). LC-MS. Flow cytometry. Cell cycle analysis and apoptosis measurement. Thin-Layer
Chromatography (TLC). Gas chromatography. UVB gel doc system.
• Animal experience: Experienced with rabbit handling. Tissue harvesting. Anesthesia, euthanasia. Cryopreservation of tissue. Developed In vivo rabbit corneal epithelial wound healing model.
• Pharmaceutical techniques: Dissolution apparatus. Franz Diffusion study. In-vitro/ex-vivo corneal permeability studies. Drug disposition studies in cornea. Ocular iontophoresis.
• Histological techniques: Immunohistochemistry. Paraffin and OCT embedded Cryostat and cryotome tissue sectioning.
• Synthesis and purification of various organic compounds Quantum dots radiolabelled Nanoparticles, liposomes micelles and Scintillation Counting.
• Exposure to quality control, manufacturing and validation in analytical and pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, NDA/ANDA reviews and FDA regulations.